Not a long update today. More of a screenshot dump :). Progress is coming along nicely. I spent a lot of time over the last week working on the GUI, pretty much reworked it and I’m pretty happy with the result. I’m not much of a designer though, pretty sure someone else could have done something much better.
Any way without rattling on too much.
New Features/What I’ve Actually Done.
I implemented some basic save and load functionality which I’m not going to extend unitl all the levels are complete.
I’ve started the second ‘world’ of levels and aim to be half way through the levels by the end of the week(probably won’t happen though).
I’ve also almost finished all of the artwork for the enemies, I have ONE final enemy to model and texture then just set up a bunch of variant prefabs and I’m happy. Then it’s onto additional environment models for the sake of detail.
I also spent a bit of time working on the health bars for everything. Think am gunna rework the system a little bit and allow for two different positions based on the orientation of the object it is attached to. This should ensure that my the health is always easy to read and a lot clearer.
I spent some time on the framework of code, did some things to hopefully improve performance, will have to see how that goes tho :).
I’m pretty sure that I’ve done more but for now I’ll leave it at that.